thumb-450

Nablus

Jacob’s Well

The first church built on the site dates back to the end of the 4th century. The well inside the Church, formed the centerpiece of the crypt beneath the high altar. This original church was destroyed during the Samaritan revolt in 529. In the 12th century, the Crusaders constructed a new church on the Byzantine foundations. Today, the existing church, which lies six meters below the present ground level, is owned by the Greek Orthodox Church.

Mount Gerzim and The Samaritans

Mount Gerzim is one of the two mountains in the immediate vicinity of Nablus and forms the southern side of the valley in which Nablus is situated, the northern side being formed by Mount Ebal. The mountain is one of the highest peaks in the West Bank and rises to 2849 feet (881 m) above sea level.

Ruins of Nos Gibeil

The ruins of Nos Gibeil are located southeast of Far’un Village, and 17 km northwest of Nablus. They are known as Khirbet NosGibiel. Sultan Baibars divided the lands of the village in half between his two best leaders in 1265 AD. Most of the town’s labor force is employed in agriculture or as workers inside Israel.

Sebastya

Sebastya, located 10 km north-west of Nablus, is a small Palestinian village renowned for being surrounded with rich olive groves and lush hills that, during the spring time, colourfully bloom with flowers. The present-day village is located just next to impressive archaeological remains.

Bait Al Karama

Bait Al Karama is the first Slow Food Convivium of Palestine and is home to the foremost school of traditional Palestinian cuisine managed entirely by women.

In conjunction with the school, the Centre runs a beauty salon and a multifunctional space, which facilitate training and social-cultural activities for women and children of the community of the Old City.