thumb-450

Roman Amphitheatre of Kom el-Dikka

Kom el-Dikka, which literally means a ‘pile of rubble,’ was a slum until 1959 when a team of Poles excavated the site in search of the tomb of Alexander the Great. With 800 marble seats, graffiti of chariot team supporters, and two forecourts with mosaic flooring, the discovery was not a disappointment. Opening hours: 09:00-17:00