thumb-450

The Gayer Anderson Museum

Gayer Anderson Pasha was an English officer who studied medicine in London and joined the Royal Army Medical Corps in 1904. He was later transferred to Egypt in 1907 and resided in what is now known as the Gayer-Anderson Museum. The house was converted into a museum and named after the British major and army doctor following his restoration of the two adjoining houses that date back to the Ottoman Empire.